• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about Ati cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leak4Heisman

Registered
i just got a 9600xt and until this point ive never owned an Ati card. when my screensaver is on and i go to get out of it, the screen goes black for a couple seconds then the desktop comes up. with my nvidia cards it always was like instant, right to the desktop, no delay or anything. i'm just wondering if this is normal with Ati cards. i've had no problems with the card though, its run great.

what screensaver is it? if its a 3d one running at a different resolution it'll take a few secs for the monitor to switch resolutions

ahhh ya thats the problem then...i was using the 3d flowerbox and i tried another and it worked normally...how do i change the resolution so the monitor doesnt have to switch?

Normally it shouldn't be at a different resolution, unless it has a default resolution, which I can't imagine it having.

Back