• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ComPuterFreak90

Disabled
IVE GOT SOME TEENAGE HACKER WHO HATES ME ON THE LOSE AND HES GONNA SHUT DOWN MY AIM AND INTERNET EXPLOrer. HOW DO I PREVENT HIM FROM DOING THIS? I HAVE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL FROM SP2 ON AND ZONE. WHAT DO I DO? IM SCARED!

hacker

HACKER HES A HACKER AND HE TOLD ME AND TOTALLY SHUT DOWN MY MOZILLA. HOW DO I STOP HIM? IM SCAREd. WHY DONT I JUST CHANGE My- ip-address with cable modem? Will it work?

Is this a joke? The only reason I'm asking is because you are using all caps and are afraid that a "teenage hacker" will shut down your aim.

1. How do you know this?
2. If you have SP2 firewall enabled along with ZoneAlarm your a quite safe. Do you have a router with NAT?
3. A hacker wouldn't deny you access to the Internet. It takes a lot for a effective DoSA.

EDIT:
HACKER HES A HACKER AND HE TOLD ME AND TOTALLY SHUT DOWN MY MOZILLA. HOW DO I STOP HIM? IM SCAREd. WHY DONT I JUST CHANGE My- ip-address with cable modem? Will it work?

How did he do that? How are you posting here then? Did he tell you over aim? Calm down, tell us what you know. Sorry you can't change your IP. How did he get your IP?

no

im a teen and my friend and i got into a fight. He said his friend ( A real tecnical hacker) was gonna shut down my aim and internet exploere. If I change my ip-adress and AIM sn, can he still do this?

This is most likely a scare tactic by your friend. Just to be on the safe side, I would update your security software(i.e. Firewall). People will say they will get "their other friend" to hack inside of your computer and wreak havoc. I would say 97% of the time their computer is never harmed.

Get a router, they have some of the best firewalls you can get ( so I am repetedly told ). Just make sure it has NAT.

99.9% chance your friend is lying. And if he knows anyone with any techinal knowlage then it's probally some script kiddy. I still don't see how he "shut down your mozilla".

Bah. I doubt it. Even if AOL IM does have security vulnerabilities, your firewalls will get up to block that. and then you have an IP you can report if it does block it. Likewise, ZoneAlarm also has exploits, but it is hard (near impossible) to first get through AOL IM, then through ZoneAlarm, then through WinXP Firewall, and then exploit the FEW (I know they are there) exploits in Mozilla Firefox. Really, it would take about a whole day of high-level hacking just to cause your Mozilla to close. After which, you just open it again.

So I say, he's just lying. Either that, or there's some guy that likes spending a day in coding just to cause Mozilla to quit. And I seriously doubt the second one.

If you get an IP from it all, I know you can pass that onto the ISP. Then that'll be you "hacking skills" to turn off his internet. That'll work. The ISP will just send him a letter, prolly tick off his parents to no end.

But just breathe. No one is likely to get into your stuff. It would take me a year to learn it all, and then all the programs would have changed 7 times by then. If nothing else, get a router. Those are very secure. You add that to your system, he'll be in a wheelchair by the time he breaks into your system.

I've had these hacker threats myself too. It was just I guy who knew how to program an IRC bot. And he thought he could hack me by showing his skills and sending a spoofed e-mail that had my name as the sender and recipient. I downloaded the same prog and spoofed him back, including a traceroute to his comp, addy and all. He never bothered me again. I love working for an ISP.

heheh this is really funny.

Ive had some people threaten me like this, just secure your network connection and thats about it. If you wondering how he got your ip address then thats easy.

a) somegames you have to do a direct ip connect (baldures gate, cracked dungeon seige etc...)
b) mirc
c) you were dumb enough to give it to him when he asked for it.
d) he came over logged on and wrote it down.
e) looked at the ip heading in an email you could have sent him in the past.

there are other ways. the internet is not a safe place but when you know what you are doing there are a lot of advantages.

also hacking is considerd illegal, spamming is illegal so if he does any of those two then we can help you prove he did it and get him locked up for a little while :p

- I dont hate hackers - there are some that really help out but there others that act as a thron in your side and those, those are the people that get whats comeing to them.

dont worry about it take it cool if ever he does crash your computer then talk to us again and we will figure something out. Till now I suggest you call his bluff

i

I switched computers. Now i have a sp2 firewall enabled and Norton Internet Security 2004 Firewall on and I just did a liveupdate. If anyone has a AIM sn can u give it to me I want to talk to u about this. He said he was gunna hit it within the next week. Think hes lyin?

It would be amusing if he did something minor. I know for a fact that at our ISP, if we got the proof that he did something, we would shut off his cable modem, with an audit that the account holders need to talk to us or our head of network (some official guy) to get the modem turned back on. That would mean his parents have a nice sitdown with some official. Which means he won't be sitting online for a while.

But call his bluff. Even if he does get in, he's still screwed. I'll be one to help you out if he gets in, just pm me or something if you need a hand. I'm not really on AOL, but that sn is similar to this one. I'm sure if you google this avatar, you can find my SN. But just pm me, it'll work the best.

Back