• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L12 Mod Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, you could do it. Here's a pic. Just take a phone cord and pull out the smallest wire you can from it. Bend the piece into a "U" shape and then insert it into the two holes shown. Then boot up and load Optimized Defaults in BIOS before changing anything and it should work. Also, your default fsb and multiplier should be 166*6 if the mod worked.

Just use one wire. I'm not sure why two of them are in the photo :bday:
L12.jpg

enduro said:
Just to ask, what vcore are you at? You'll probably need a good amount of voltage to go above a 200 fsb, but then again you have WCing so.......
right now im @ 1.85vcore- 2.7ddr- 1.6chipset thats the only way it stays stable load temps under water 45c....

So what does the L12 mod do? what will i gain from it? My cpu is locked
and i am unstable over 200fsb More speed more speed
please help

Thanks

Last edited:
45°C??? That seems high for WC. What is your ambient temp like? Are you using AS5 on your block etc..... You may need more vcore to take your cpu higher, I'm not sure. I had a locked 2600+ and I took it up to 203*11.5 at 1.95V and then it maxed out. You have a better multiplier though, and many people can reach a 220 fsb with your cpu. Just try various settings in BIOS out. Any way that you can drop your load temps on your cpu?

He has a locked desktop. Ohhh, good point, didn't see the locked part of it. Good catch yellowdart, thanks.

You can do the L12 mod, but you have a default fsb of 166 all ready. Mobiles are 133. You would have to do the L12 mod for a 200 fsb, but chances are that you wouldn't see any positive benefit. I tried it on my locked 2600 and I didn't get anywhere. Only more vcore seemed to help. I'd concentrate on dropping your temps down lower so you can try to get 2V for your cpu. Or at least 1.9V

Thanks 4 all that help but i am tired of that chip vary restricing seems only n the winter i get up to 2.2 oh well gess ill never realy know..
cause i just bought a 2600moble from newegg $101.00 should be here soon. Lets see what i can get from it. any help on OC a 2600m? will i need the L12 mod on it? im new to the moble anything i need to know?

Thanks

Well, the first thing to do would be to do the L12 mod that I originally and mistakenly gave you in post #2. That will make your default fsb 166. To enable it, go into BIOS and select Optimized Defaults before changing anything in BIOS. After you select that you can change fsb, mult., voltages, etc.

The best way to go about testing out the mobile is to do it in two steps. First you can either go for sheer clock speed or fsb. I did clock speed first because it is easiest to find. Also, you have BH5 correct? So your fsb will be limited to the vdimm that you can supply unless you want lower timings.

To do the sheer clockspeed, just set your fsb to 200 and then start at a 10x multiplier and move on up. You'll probably reach 12.5-13 at 1.8V or so. Just push it up slowly though, see if you can get each one prime and 3D stable. Or you can just set it to 1.8V or so and then just up the multiplier until it won't boot into Windows lol :D

Fsb is the opposite, you have to drop your multiplier to 10x, and then overclock the fsb above 200. I'm assuming that you know how far your ram will go, but it would be best to run memtest every once and a while so you don't corrupt Windows. You will have to up your chipset voltage every once and a while as well. 1.6V should get you up to 230 or so. 1.7 for 230+, but that's not set in stone. If you are getting memtest errors in test #5 though, up your vdimm, loosen your timings, or up your vdd to get rid of it. Your windows will die so fast with memory or chipset errors that it isn't even funny. Download it if you don't have it. It very important.

It's a specific ram chip. It's called Winbond BH-5. I'll post a picture when I get back from work.

I'm not positive that you have BH5 though, you'd either have to look that up or take the heatspreaders off and see if you have Winbond BH-5 chips on it. When did you buy the ram? Recently, or was it more than 3 months ago?

enduro....hey id rather not take the heat spreaders off my 1gig pair. cause as i looked at my old 1's ..just to see how easy it was to take them off and I kinda tried to take them off but felt like they were on pretty good w/paste or something.
i didnt want to mess them up as im selling them on ebay.

So waiting to here from u and to see a pic or some more info

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP.... AS THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE HELP ME :attn: :bday: :D

FuPA

Ask and you shall recieve. One BH5 picture:
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/DDR-CHIP/W-BH5(226).jpg

I'm not sure if you can pick out your ram from this sheet on not. I don't know the speed of your ram so.......

http://mar.h0sted.org/ramliste250804.htm

Just to ask, why are you selling the ram on ebay? Sounds like it might be a good pair. Depends on the chip, but some people with BH5 can reach 250 Mhz 2-2-2 at 3.4V vdimm. You'd have to do a vtt mod and buy the ddr booster. That or do the vtt mod and a vdimm mod but you'd have a sick overclock. That all depends on what you are thinking about buying though.

I'm not sure if you need to mod for the 2600, I think I read somewhere that it's just the 2500 and lower. But before you try it, you'll need the modded bios. The D26 Manta Rays XT has worked great for me. The new D27 is out but I'm too lazy to put it on. Maybe you can test out the new D27 one. It seems you can get up to 270FSB on the D27.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=367782

Back