• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tv tuner question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

is there a tv tuner / radio out there that has am & fm in it ? I got one but it just has fm and cant seem to find one with am in it.

ty much

... i haven't either (though i've never looked)... you could just superglue a small one with an earphone jack to an inner wall of your case and run the antenna loop around the corners of the case... and then use a male-male minijack cord to connect it to your soundcard/mobo's input jack...

you could then easily turn it "on" and "off" my muting/unmuting the input jack in the windows control... and i believe you could put together a hotkey for that somehow

the only issue i could think of with this setup would be power... if it lasts forever maybe batteries wouldn't be such a nuisance, but hey do they make 12V or 7V DC current AM radios? If so you could get one and perhaps wire it up to be powered by your PSU...

just a thought - run with it if you like and let us know what you come up with - i'm sure others are interested ;)

Back