• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT NF7-S V2 Bios??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkenned3

Registered
Hey guys was wondering when I get my ABIT NF7-S V2 mobo if I should use the BIOS it will come with or should I use a different one/FLASH it?

If you're shooting for a high fsb-clock, a custom BIOS will serve you better than the stock. if you're not ocing, or just mid-level stuff, the Abit BIOS should be fine. It's VERY easy to flash the NF7, you can do it through windows.

Well I am going to be using 2 - 512 sticks of pc3200 and I have good cooling. I will be using an Athlon XP Mobile 2400+ operating at 1.8 ghZ stock that I will be oc'ing.. How high do you think I can get it and should I get a diff bios if I go over 2.0 ghZ CPU speed?

"should I get a diff bios if I go over 2.0 ghZ CPU speed?"
Different, no. The board has one setting in the bios and all you do is select 3200 and your 2400 wil run 3200 2.2GHz. You may be referring to "flashing" the bios that is essentially a bios update, but I wouldn't do it unless you have good reason. Get the board, read the manual about the OC'ing setting, set it up and run it awhile and go from there.

Mobils have unlocked multipliers so in the BIOS select User Defined and set FSB 200 and multiplier 11 and it runs 2.2GHz. 200 X 11= 2200Mhz or 2.2GHz. :) Huney.

2400+ mobiles arent as good as the 2500/2600's. you have a shot at 2.5 ghz, but the chances are less than with a higher-model mobile.

The brand of memory and the quality of the PSU are going to play a big part in what your able to achieve as well. Lots of different things contribute to your end result.

GL

Lvcoyote

I see all of yoiu guys with the D26 Bios for your Abit board.. Should I use this? What's the advantages?

Back