• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What board to use to OC a mobile 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FuriousGeorge

i wanted to use an nforce2 board by abit b/c, as i understand it, nforce2 is the only chipset that is agp locked so as not to screw with my periphs when ocing, and abit boards allow the full range of multipliers your chip can support.

assuming i get a mobile chip that will be 5-22, and it is certain to be unlocked.

i read the sticky about what boards are recommended, but the info is kind of dated. (the azv133 is in second place)

my goal is to get the fsb somewhere b/w 166 and 200, which i think is reasonable, right?

i guess my question is: can someone give me a reason to use a chipset other than the nforce2 for overclocking, and can anyone recommend a good board (by abit or anyone else)

just thought i should also mention: im looking now at an Abit NF7-S Revision 2 Motherboard.

you guys think thats a good choice?

yes, just about everyone here will tell you guys to go with the nf7-s rev 2. it's a wonderful board loaded with features and has wonderful overclocking ability. i've booted into windows before at a fsb of 255. granted, it wasn't stable.....but you get the idea. i cast the first vote for the nf7-s rev 2 (not the nf7-s2 rev 2).

Back