• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fried motherboard...where to buy another one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supra33202

Today, my computer suddenly restarted itself. When it restarted, it froze a little. I meant my computer stayed in the restart stage, but not went to POST. I thought it was software problem, but when I went to BIOS to check the cpu temperature, it restarted itself again. Thus, I concluded it might be a hardware. When I took a look at it, I saw one part (near the AGP slot) of my motherboard (8K5A2+) was burning. I smelled something burning. So I guessed I need to replace my motherboard.

The problem is which motherboard I should buy, and the biggest problem is where I can buy one. It is a 2-year-old product - KT333 or KT400. The CPU is AMD Althon XP 1600+, and the RAM is Corsair DDR 333 MHz (PC 2700) 512MB.

Which one should I buy? And where? I tried ebay.com and pricegrabber.com. Do you know some place I can buy old motherboard? I just want a cheap one, and I won't overclock it.

Gigabyte GA-7VRXP (KT333)
Shuttle AK37GTR (KT400)

Thanks!

You don't have to get a kt400 ot kt300, you can get a nforce board or the newer kt880 chipset, eventhough your not ocing they are faster then the previous boards. How much are you willing to spend.

Shuttle "AN35N-Ultra" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard For the price this is the best board you can get but if you go to newegg and set your own highest price you can pick from a variary of boards.

Shuttle "AN35N-Ultra" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard is good.

Thank you very much!!!

Back