• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help hooking up NEO 2 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

I dont know where to hook up this A drive connector look in pic. The a drive has media card reads built into it i am gussing thats why there is this extra wire. Its 4 pins. I think it said PWR DATA- DATA+ and something else , i cant find out where on my board this plugs into ????

Also where should i put the HD and CPU heat wires ???

Attachments

• Picture008.jpg
    Picture008.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture007.jpg
    Picture007.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 56
that second pic is the USB connector, you have to plug that into a USB header on the board, look in the manual for it.

what should i look up ?? i cant find anything helpful in this manual

ok i think i understand you now. Plug it into the pins for a USB connection...

ny info on where at i should put them temp wires ?
You can put them where you like. I put mine like this. The HDD wire is taped to the top of my Raptor and the CPU probe is taped to the top of the CPU fan, where it measures the intake air that goes into the hs. Some people put it next to the CPU core if they do not have a heat spreader on their cpu.

As to the plug, I looked up the pin layout of the USB connectors. You only have 1/2 of a USB plug so it will go in 6 different ways of which only 2 will work. Make sure the pin that says pwr on your plug goes to the end of the socket that has BOTH pins. It should work on either the 4 or 5 pins side.

k thanks guys. Yeah i wasnt sure if there was a certain spot to put that wire to get the right temps. I will finish the work tonight after work :attn:

Back