• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to my CD Drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLtNmHeLiX

Hey guys I'm lost I go to open the files on a cd and I see this my Removable Disk Drives (CD Burner + DVD Burner) have disappeared:
1.JPG

2.JPG

It's possible a filter driver is missing or non-operational. Give this a try...Start | Run | Type regedit and click OK | Locate the UpperFilters value under the following Key in the Registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class | {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same Key in the Registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class | {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK. If you lose functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. Also, make sure to at least export the above Key...just in case there's a problem and you need to merge the previous settings. You'll also need to reboot for the above changes to take effect

Back