• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Completely wiping out a hard drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baldyguy

Registered
Hello everyone,

I want to sell a hard drive to my friend, but before I do that, I want to be able to wipe out my hard drive clean. I know that formatting the hard drive doesn't really do the job, I heard that I need to overwrite all of the bytes with 0's.

Is there a program or a method that I can use to do this? Thank you all in advance!

baldyguy said:
Hello everyone,

I want to sell a hard drive to my friend, but before I do that, I want to be able to wipe out my hard drive clean. I know that formatting the hard drive doesn't really do the job, I heard that I need to overwrite all of the bytes with 0's.

Is there a program or a method that I can use to do this? Thank you all in advance!

just get a standalone disk manager from your hds manufacturer and do a low level format, that should do the job

Do those "Write all Zero's" programs delete all the data?
I have a faulty HD i'm sending for RMA, and would like all my data gone, just incase! What if a WD employee tries to turn in one of my papers! lol

hmm...mabe take a magnet to the sucka-foo of a HD? hahaha! jk that owuldnt help at all

Back