• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AG8+overclocking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

screwtech02

Hey all, i've recently purchased a AG8, and a 2.8, i have some ocz ddr4400, and a x700pro.. Has anyone had issues with this board with overclocking at all?? I will have the cpu,gpu,chipset all watercooled also.. Any input will be greatly appreciated.... (The board seems to get good reviews)... :-/

I have an AG8 and it is a solid performer. The only real downside is that the PCI-E lock doesn't really work that well. Generally, you will be limited on average to 250 to 260 FSB. Now with a 3.2, that's not really a problem, but with a low multiplier like the 2.8 has, then it might limit you a bit. I found mine worked best with the newest BIOS update and if I left the PCI-E frequency setting to "auto".

You give such exact and precise answer batboy!

It's a joy... :)

Let us know how it goes screwtech :D

You guys ROCK, by the way.... :attn: I'll post some more when i get it built, ought to be a couple weeks till i get everything...

I have a AG8 and x700pro/xt also My cpu is not the best overclocker but I can still get to 3.8 with my koolance exos, I was going to get a AA8XE but it is not really any faster so I am staying with this board for at least a year or 2, I plain to get one of the 2mb prescots.

Hows that x700 working for you? I have heard that the nvidia cards overclock better, but have been looking at a Asus x700pro...

I have BBA card and it is a x700XT I can overclock the memory pretty good Iam at 1100mhz the core those I did not get that good of an overclock but I still got to x700xt speeds I am at 476 rright now. I have no problems with it and it is fsater then my 9800pro.

Back