• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer freezes when cable is plugged in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

hello, my computer (one in my sig) was just formatted and when i plug in my cat5 cable the computer freezes and when i try to re boot it it will go through the boot proceeses and stop at the blue screen where you log on...WTF is happeng this dman computer is pissing me offf....

im getting really pissed off about this and microsoft wont let me e-mail them unless i give them my 35bucks! bull****!

trey_w said:
Sounds like a device driver problem. Can you get into safe mode with networking?

I agree with trey. It's possibly a corrupt driver or driver conflict...try what trey suggested and if you can plug that cable in and it works, it's a driver conflict. If it still doesn't work, you may want to either uninstall the driver or get the latest drivers from your NIC(mobo for onboard LAN) manufacturer's website. Or you can try getting drivers off www.driverguide.com

Back