• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Silencer on Asus X800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marcus Marti

Registered
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who has fitted an ATI silencer 4 on a Asus x800 card?
I've read something on the AC website about the powerplug not matching.
Maybe someone has experience with this.
Any reactions are highly appreciated!

Marc

Well I don't know what the difference is but, I guess all you would have to do is to either see if there is an adapter available or cut the wires and solder/glue the ground to the ground pin and the power to the power pin. I never had to do this but I did do it to a couple of case fans.

They say exactly what to do on their site....

"We use ATIs respectively NVIDIAs standard power plugs. Asus is unfortunately not following ATIs/NVIDIAs solutions and therefore our plug doesn't fit. You can either cut both plugs and connect the wires correspondingly or you can also get 12 Volt power directly from the PSU. There you have to connect the wires as follows: black with black and red (VGA) with yellow (PSU). The yellow cable from the VGA is an RPM signal, that is not needed."
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=5&data=7&disc=

I have an Asus X800Pro running with the ATI4 and it seems to fit and run properly. I don't know whether the XT would have a different design but I don't think so.

So after seeing that site though, could it be possible I'm not running it properly? I don't think it could be possible for me to have it running wrongly though because it's cooling extremely well and has been for a few months now.

Back