• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

on its way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ETUKE

finally my mobo and fan are on its way but my xp-90 is still eta 27,
does this heatsink require a backplate to mount to the msi neo2?Im askin cuz I want to install the mobo and cpu but not if I have to take it all out again when the xp-90 arrives,If I do Ill wait.

The Neo2 comes with all the needed parts to mount the XP90. What you will do is remove the plastic faceplate and re-screw thermalright's into position. Once you have done that you clip the HSF on and you are done

what I was interested in knowing is am I gona have to remove the mobo if I use the stock fan now and put the xp-90 on later.

ETUKE said:
what I was interested in knowing is am I gona have to remove the mobo if I use the stock fan now and put the xp-90 on later.

No. The metal backplate is glued to the back of the mobo. When you unscrew the stock hs mount the backplate will stay in place. Then screw the Thermalright mount on and clip on the hs.

thanks for clarifing,just recieved the mobo today but thinking of waiting for the xp-90 b4 I install,unless it dosent come b4 the weekend,then we will see if I have will power

Back