• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for the new rig!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=ACID RAIN=

Just built my new A64 rig:

a641.jpg

And of course:
san_ace.jpg

At 5v, these fans make NO noise! Perfect :)

Nice setup ! :clap:

Big question there : Wasnt it a PITA to fill and bleed with the tline located between CPU and Core ????

Looks very nice. Is the PSU ok? Alot of Antecs including mine have serious issues with A64s. Just somthing to keep an eye on ;)

It wasn't too bad really, just tilt a little, watch the bubbles, tilt the other way....etc.

On second thought, yeah it was a pain! :rolleyes: :)

Edit: I'm on it Sen, this PSU is out the door as the rails are all low (430w +12v 20A). I think I'm going for one of those TTGI ones, but I want to research a little more first.

Thanks ....well. You have solved my tubing management problem. I have the same sized core located at the same spot in my case , the same pump and the same mobo , GPU block . Only difference is our CPU blocks : i have a dtek WW . the 'Y' fitting really kills the CPU->GPU tube because it creates so much pressure on the tubing that it kinks. Anyway , i've ordered Clearflex now so I should be safe :)

Thanks for your indirect help :D :cool: :bday:

Perseus said:
Well done, AR. Very neat and clean. Any temp readings yet?

Well, it's the Neo2 plat, which is notorious for misread temps. BUT since you asked, the CPU reads 35C idle and ~45C load (have to test further later) and the GPU is ~50C. My SATA drive is 31C, which I know to be true from previous builds. Not bad for a 10K drive - I have it in a 5.25 tape adapter, and air gets pulled over it from outside the case continuously.

nOx34 said:
Thanks ....well. You have solved my tubing management problem. I have the same sized core located at the same spot in my case , the same pump and the same mobo , GPU block . Only difference is our CPU blocks : i have a dtek WW . the 'Y' fitting really kills the CPU->GPU tube because it creates so much pressure on the tubing that it kinks. Anyway , i've ordered Clearflex now so I should be safe :)

Thanks for your indirect help :D :cool: :bday:
I'm glad I could help! :)
I have a WW that I was going to use, but gave up for that very reason. The socket placement is new to me, so I decided to try to avoid headaches and went with the 6002.

Man your case is HUGE! hehe but lemme know how the ram is with the setup im thinking of getting the gskill 4400.

DuckManParkey said:
Man your case is HUGE! hehe but lemme know how the ram is with the setup im thinking of getting the gskill 4400.
So far the ram is great, but I'm not going to try to push it until I get a new PSU. I ran DDR400 with 2-2-2-5 1T just fine, but I left it at 2.5-4-4-8 2T for now just to test the rig out. When the new PSU comes around, I'll make this thing scream for mercy for a while until I find a sweet spot between noise and sound output ;)

Perseus said:
I've got a full tower as well. Having lots of extra room just makes the whole enterprise easier. :cool:
It turned out perfect for me because I have a new desk with this tall area for a computer, and my chieftec fits perfectly inside it. Since I have no side fans, front-to-back flow works perfect for this slot, and makes my case seem invisible. I'll take a pic later when I pic all my junk up, I just got the fans and all done today so it's still a bit trashed ;)

:) I'm going to have to break down and buy as desk one day. I'm using a VERY old lab table (sentiment more than anything else) for my monitor and such, and an end table for my Lian Li and its UPS. It's ghetto for sure. Yeah, I'd very much like to see pics, to give me something to aspire to. :-/ BTW, are those Denki's you're using, and if so, where'd you score from?

I love your setup, I have a full tower too and unfourtenetly I chose to have the rad which is the same size as yours resting on the bottom and I really regret it now. The hole has been cut but you manage to fit your pump and gpu block perfectly while I'm having second thoughts about the gpu block. but good job!

Thanks ripper :)

I had a hard time with the heatercore at first, trying to find the right spot for it. I didn't want it on top because I'd be defeating some of the cooling effects with warmer air. I didn't want it on bottom since I took the case feet off. The most natural place was the front, and since I only have one hard drive in this machine, I went with that idea.

As for actually cutting the front, I didn't bother, except to cut out the fan grills. Moving 150 to 200 cfm through 3 80mm fan holes is a snap with no grilles in the way, and to ease flow, I made a 1 inch back spacer in back of the core and a shroud that gives a little over 1 inch in front. The whole deal is made out of cardboard...lol. It's fairly sturdy, all things considered.

thegreek said:
beautiful setup, nice and clean.

I have a MSI Neo Platinum and I get about 34C idle myself. Also known to misread temperatures as well.

BTW, what kind of fans are those, I need to look into new 120mm as the TT ones are not very quiet. Thanks.

fusion23 said:
BTW, what kind of fans are those, I need to look into new 120mm as the TT ones are not very quiet. Thanks.
They are the sanyo denki "san ace" fans that alot of the guys here rave about :)

=ACID RAIN= said:
They are the sanyo denki "san ace" fans that alot of the guys here rave about :)
They are great fans, I have a few of them. At 5V they are silent and they are built like tanks compared to alot of other fans.
Very nice and clean setup Acid, congrats.

Very nice acid , Just wondering what case is that ? I am looking to buy a full tower and that one catch's my eye :) Thanks , adam.

Back