• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unwanted Under-Voltage on 3.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesdait

Registered
Hi,
I was just wondering are these voltages healthy for 3.3 volt values, the Mimimum is 2.944 volts and the maximum is 3.008 volts, these figures were recorded while playing Battlefiled 1942, while when not playing the game, Asus Probe 2.2 records a steady 3.136 volts. As Asus Probe is set to warn me when the voltage fluctuates by 10%, it goes nuts while playing battlefield. I am worried that this may damage the board as if I ignore Asus Probe and continue playing the computer freezes, and I have to reset. I was also wondering if this was to do with the power supply or the motherboard?

BTW the voltage returns to 3.008 when I pause the game.

What is your psu, it what probably is giving you problems. Are all the other voltage rails doing the same thing?

Probably won't hurt your MoBo but may make it unstable, time to get a new power supply, for a temp fix you can try unplugging some unnecessary hardware like a second CD-ROM drive

Back