• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

Ok, I've had my system folding away for the past weekend, and yet I still only have 4 points.

Is something wrong?

check your fahlog.txt file to see what it says. if the work units are ending early it coudl be from an unstable overclock.

K I'm a newb, but, check your logs & see what they say. How many WU's have you completed?

I just got one WU complete & scored one point. It was either due to the system being unstable (not likely) or the job was bad........But none the less a WU did not complete so I got one point for it......

Same probably happen unless your folding on a slow machine.

I've had that happen a few times this week on my computers as well..... I turned in two WU's and I only got 32 points for both of them, and I know that they were worth more and that my overclock is completely stable, so I don't know what's happening. Might just be a glitch somewhere.

I heard something about the Stanford Stat servers having problems.
Apparantly, our squad has been hit the hardest.
I think IMOG was the one who pointed that out. You might want to pm him.

hmmm maybe that has something to do with the fact that we've been slippin hardcore on how fast we would overtake OCAU, just yesterday it was like 800days and todays guestimate sits in the 1000 area :-/

hmm everything for me is upwards and onwards. I did fail to complete a work unit on a machine that has turned in over 400. I am suspecting a batch of faulty WU or a server issue? anyways I either score big or not @ all.

Now I apparently have finished three work units but I still only have 14 points.. but it registers as 10...

System should be stable, was Prime/SuperPi stable for ~4 hours..

(thats when I cancelled it, it never errored)

Last edited:
I'm starting to lean towards a faulty batch of WU's as well..... this is happening too often to be a coincidence now, it's happened 4 or 5 times to me so far...... hopefully it'll end soon. :(

Mines folding just fine now, got one of the "big" pointers..........

Elif Tymes said:
Now I apparently have finished three work units but I still only have 14 points.. but it registers as 10...

System should be stable, was Prime/SuperPi stable for ~4 hours..

(thats when I cancelled it, it never errored)

I think there may be a problem or a bad batch of WU's like mentioned. But 4 hours of prime is no where near stable IMO. Folding seems to be pretty hard on your system from what I hear.......

Well, the reason I'm not leaning towards instability is that I know my computer is stable and I still get the micro-point WU's........ My computer is dual prime 24/7 stable and has been folding for 3 months without crashing, so it's not instability IMO.

Folding has been known to error out on machines that have been prime stable for days. Your machine could be unstable for folding.

:eh?: I've run dual Primes, Memtest86, Cpuburn..... I don't know what else I could run to prove this. Prime has always errored out before FAH had problems, especially running dual Prime...... some people find that Prime95 doesn't work with their system, but it's fairly accurate on mine.

mtb856 said:
:eh?: I've run dual Primes, Memtest86, Cpuburn..... I don't know what else I could run to prove this.

Well, you could run your machine stock and see if it still happens. If it stops happening, your overclock is likely unstable.

Another way would be to make a backup of the WU and wait until it errors out, then restart it from your backup. If it errors out at the exact same spot, it's probably a faulty WU. If it runs past the point where it errored out, or it errors out sooner than the previous run, you're probably unstable. You may want to make additional backups every once in a while just so you don't have to redo everything if/when it errors out, and you may want to tell the client not to automatically connect to the net, depending on whether you want to send the possibly erroneous results back or not.

Ran Prime 95 for 8 hours last night, no errors.

AND I completed a WU! 300 some odd Credits! FINALLY!

V00+!

Here's a quote from another thread that might explain what's going on to some degree..

ChasR said:
According to Bruce, site moderator at Stanford, "something must be overloaded". He thought all units were being credited, it was just taking longer than usual.

So Stanford is backed up right now and the WU's are stacking up but EOC doesn't account for that, so they record a loss in PPD........ so PPD should go back to normal once Stanford figures out what's backing the WU loading up.

Back