• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

firefox goes to top of page when i hit back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dermen

I started using Firefox a few weeks ago and I am loving it. If you are not using it you should be.

There is only one problem I have found. When browsing the forums and I hit back it takes me back to the top of the previous page instead of where I was on the previous page. Anybody know how to fix it?

Yea, that really annoys me too. It's because it reloads the page when going back instead of retrieving it from memory/cache like it did in Opera which I used before. I havn't found a way to fix it yet but I'd love to know if there is one.

I think the release date for FF 1.1 has just been pushed back because there is still a lot of work to be done on it. Thats a shame :(

I noticed the problem when the OC-Forums got the upgrade. I was using FF/Firebird before the upgrade and everything was fine. Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jajmon said:
I noticed the problem when the OC-Forums got the upgrade. I was using FF/Firebird before the upgrade and everything was fine. Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You were using firebird, which did not have this problem, I only recall this Problem with Firefox 9.0 to 1.0 prior to that I never noticed the problem,

and it does not only happen on vB3 sites, it happens all over the net

After jajmon's post I went to all my regular forums and noticed that OC-Forums is the only board that this happens. Even CDFreaks works and it uses the same version of vBulletin that OC-Forums use.

The others I go to are all phpBB or ikonboard and work fine.

Back