• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this fit Socket 754

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hey,

I got my first w/c setup... I'm a little confused though.

I've got a Danger Den Maze4 Lucite Top, as my cpu block...
I got it to fit on a socket A mobo very easily because of the 4 mounting holes, now when I've done leak testing it, I want to put it in my S754 system, I can't see any mounting holes on that. (Unless they are covered by the heatsink).

How do I get it on?

How do I make an adaptor plate?

Yes it seems I have to buy a mounting kit for S754... :(

I made a holddown for my socket A whitewater to fit a socket T, out of an old cutting board. Not the best looking thing but hey it gets the job done.

danger den should sell the tops for the A64's on their site

at the same time, i'd also suggest you just pick up a TDX to replace the Maze4, as they perform much better

Okay that's noted.... TDX it is then, how does it perform better?
I'm very new to this watercooling lark.

it has a base with micro channels (similar to RBX and whitewater) and uses a flow nozzle plate, which i suggest you get the additional kit of 5 nozzles

these nozzles force water down into the micro channels, creating turbulence, and better cooling performance

optimal performance is reached with the #4 or #5 nozzle/plates as long as you have a strong pump (what pump do you have?)

I have an Eheim 1250, I understand this one to be fairly good, and it isn't very noisey. Infact the noise of the water splashing around in the res is much louder than the pump.

that pump is just fine

for your next loop, i suggest running a t-line as well

just my .02

also, if you use antifreeze in the loop, i'd suggest using the #4 plate (narrowest slot), rather than the #5 (multiple small holes), as water additives can sometimes clog up the small holes in the #5 plate

What are plates, I have read guides and I haven't heard of plates.
What exactly does a T-Line do? I thought res and t-line where different things.

they are two different things, but they serve the same purpose - filling & bleeding the system

i found that it creates less work for the pump, as the water velocity isnt reduced to zero, as it is with a res, and it usually uses less tubing, again creating less work for the pump, and increasing flowrate

i'm itching to get the res out of my loop... only a couple more weeks til i replace it with a t-line

Back