• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Aerogate 2 what is your opinion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used to have one.

Pros:
- Does pretty much everything it says it does. Four fans, with RPM monitoring, fan control, and corresponding temperatures for each one.
- Looks good, especially if you have an aluminum front case.
- Temperature monitoring is pretty good.
- Changeable LCD color, really nice.

Cons:
- Annoying beep everytime you turn on your computer.
- Every now and then, at least for me, it would "lose" the RPMs of certain fan, as if it died, and beep like crazy. You can stop it from beeping, but then to reset it you must unplug/plug it in or turn off and then turn on your system. Really annoying.
- Doesn't remember fan settings exactly after each time it's powered up. Sometimes it would, and then sometimes, you'd have to adjust them back to the levels you want them at for your idle work.

Personally, find yourself one that can automatically adjust the fans per temperature, unless you just want it for the temperature and/or fan RPM monitoring. However nice the unit, one thing I always forgot to do is turn the fans up whenever I started gaming or putting a load on it, only to be reminded by the temperature alarm on my MBM5, which kicked me out of my game.

Sorry for the long review. ;)

NP, Thanks for the input. I like the idea of a auto adjusting fan controller. Is there any out there that offer all this one does and have auto adjusting fan controls?

Back