• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 939 w/AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

I don't really know where to go to find stuff like this out. So, does DFI plan on making a motherboard with the nforce 3 ultra chipset? Or anything at all that supports 939 and an AGP video card? Thanks ahead of time.

Sentential said:
No. DFI has no planned support for a S939 offering with an AGP socket.

Actually, the NF3 Ultra-D is slated for release AFTER their NF4 motherboards.

Short answer: Yes, but it's going to be a minute.

deception``

DFI will be releasing a 939 agp board, i've seen it confirmed a bunch of times on dfi-street, lemme go dig

Hmmm... maybe I'll wait a little bit before I get my new motherboard. See how long it takes for the DFI board to come out. I've heard good things about how DFI overclocks. Thanks for all the help.

so they say may or june....hopefully may cause thats when im getting my 3700+ san diego and id rather go DFI than MSI.....

only time will tell though.....

Attachments

• dfi_nf3.jpg
    dfi_nf3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 161
so i emailed dfi yesterday about the when this board might finally be out.....juts got a reply from them....

DFI Sales said:
Dear Sirs,

We expect it can be finished by June.

Best regards,

Greta Kuo
Sales Manager

I just emailed them with this:

When will you guys come out with an AMD64 socket 939 motherboard that
supports agp? I'm assuming you'd have to use an Nforce3 ultra chipset.
Are there any plans for your company to do so? And when would I be able to
buy such a product from you? DFI makes great boards, and I needs something
like this... which is why I ask this question.
Thanks,

and got this in reply:

Adam we do not know. They worked on one and it did not seem to do as well as the 754 socketed UT250gb so there has been a snag. The longer it drags on it is my guess the less likely one is to come as AMD roadmaps I have seen on the net indicate that the 754 lineup will become more and more value oriented. The UT250gb DFI 754 board is not value oriented type board so the situation is really plainly unknown. More and more users are going ahead to PCi_E cards and going 939 that way so it is certainly full of unknowns as the Video card makers themselves have headed to PCi_E cards. Simple answer is don't know if DFI will continue to deal with an aging situation to make it work as well as our UT250gb did and if it will not run up there with the UT250gb, there is no way we will release one.

Good ol DFI and their high quality standards. :)

I guess the NF3 Ultra is just junk as far as stability goes...

how depressing....i think i might just give up on this and go s754 with a newark.....

that way i can get the ut250gb and be happy already.....

Back