• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon 9800 pro mounting holes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robjen

I was wondering if anyone had the mesurements for the mounting holes for a radeon 9800 pro.

Going to build a waterblock and I need the dimmentions.

Thanks

What I did to figure it out was use the formula for finding out the missing side length of a triangle: a^2 + b^2 = c^2

A & B are side lengths & C is the hypotenuse (longest side).

The base is ~50mm & the vertical side is ~23mm.

50^2 + 20^2 = c^2

2500 + 529 = 3029

c^2 = 3029

c = Math.sqrt(3029); :D

c = ~55mm

Working on that we now have the hypotenuse which means we can now do some Algebra to find the angle of the holes which is important.

Since we know this is a right triangle, we know there can only be two types. A 30, 60, 90 Right Triangle & a 45, 45, 90 Right Triangle. Other possibilities will not net you with a right triangle. Looking at it we can tell that it is a 30, 60, 90 triangle. My measurement tools (just a ruler) were not the best so thats why I gave approximate values. They're +/- a mm or two so nothing too major that you can't fix if I'm off but when I made some cardboard testers that math was indeed correct enough to mount a Cardboard heatsink :D. Some fine tuning once you get to drilling is never a bad thing of course.

Back