• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Info on the new PC Power & Cooling 850w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegreek

I email PCP&C on when it will be available and this is what they told me:

Thank you for your interest. Due to overwhelming OEM demand the end user
availability is somewhat delayed for the 850ETX.

However, we hope to have this cleared up in the next 4-6 weeks.

The cost for the 850ETX is $429.00. It does require that the PC case be 20"
deep or greater. The supply is an "extended" ATX footprint power supply
(5.9" x 3.4" x 9.0" deep), has four +12 Volt rails totaling 60 Amps peak and
is primarily designed for Dual processor and Dual video systems, and weighs
in at a hefty 8 lbs.

All I can say is :drool:

Electron Chaser said:
I don't care for the 5% load fluctuation. How much does it go for?

No idea - not sure I want to know. I'd say pretty expensive given Newegg's price on the 700w models.

These things are rated conservatively at 40 degrees - I have little doubt they can do better than 5% in most real world conditions.

I see no need for those 850's even in dual CPU dual vid card scenarios. The 510 could power such a load already. Maybe with pelts on both CPU's...

I have the 700 watt Zippy, and believe me, the voltage regulation is probably the same as the PCP unit.
I've watched it in bios, with digidoc, and speedfan, havn't seen anything fluctuate other than the +3.3v move from 3.31 to 3.28 and back again, under 100% Load.
Very nice unit, if it were not for the fan noise, I would be completely happy, tho I intend to fix that prob very soon :D
(ps. I am used to tight regulation as I was running a PCP Dual 840 redundant previous to this).

To me splitting up the 12v into 4 15 amp rails is pretty stupid,At least Zippy goes with 2 rails and gives ya 42 on 1 and 28 on the other,

And as a side note the OCZ 600 using the split rail system was unable to power a rig exactly like mine in the sig,So for all of ya that are so sold on these split 12v rails I suggest ya be carefull...

diehrd said:
To me splitting up the 12v into 4 15 amp rails is pretty stupid,At least Zippy goes with 2 rails and gives ya 42 on 1 and 28 on the other,

And as a side note the OCZ 600 using the split rail system was unable to power a rig exactly like mine in the sig,So for all of ya that are so sold on these split 12v rails I suggest ya be carefull...
Yeah I wouldn't really care for that either, especially with dual cores in the future. :-/

Back