• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help OCing this 3000+ winchester

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twiggz

IM FIRST TIME OVERCLOCKER DONT LAUGH​

Im using the New Rig in Sig.
So far i have oc'd this baby 90 whole Mhz and had to increase Vcore from 1.4 to 1.425 to be stable enough to load windows. I did have it at like 219x9 before uguru autotest failed and instead of reverting to default when the comp failed i just went into bios and tried upping Vcore all the way to 1.5 to hold 219x9 and it wouldnt everything is going on automatic. Suggestions ?

Oh yeah also i cant find anything that even resembals a htt:memory ratio or anything that lets me adjust memory speed is mhz by increments.. is it here do i need these ?

Ok so i got it from 1.8ghz vcore1.4 ddrv2.6 htv1.2 - 2ghz vcore1.5 ddrv2.7 htv1.3
found out through cpu-z numbers that htt:mem ratio is 1:1 (default i guess) so my memory is oc'd about 23.3 mhz when it's rated 200mhz i get alot of errors getting back into windows if i go more it seems

I don't think you need that much vcore or htv to reach these speeds, it just looks so odd. There is no such thing as HTT:memory ratio. It is CPU:Memory divider now.
What timings are you using on the RAM?

OK after trial and error seems like im doing ok so far what do you guys think?
1.8ghz - 2.3ghz at 1.5vcore my PC-3200 set at 2:3 ratio so my memory is actually underclocked atm

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! Most guys are hitting at least 2.5 or 2.6 with those, so you probably have some headroom left. Did you write down your CPU stepping? What are your temps? Memory timings?

Back