• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sent the wrong sized tubing GRRRRRRRRR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jas

So I Ordered some Tygon from Frozencpu (Along with a bunch of other junk), and instead of sending me the 1/8" wall stuff, they sent me the 1/16" wall stuff. I ordered 20' of it too......

I know I've got about 3' of the 1/8" stuff still, I hope thats enough for the short radius bends I I'm gonan need.

BAH

Just needed to vent...

They only sell 1/16" wall Tygon.

$3.25 a foot, too. DangerDen sells the right stuff for $2.90 a foot.

Yeah, im ****ed. I'm sure I'll be able to reconfig the rig with it. But I ordered a crap load of it so I would have a suply. I think I'll call and ***** and make them send me another 20' of the 1/8" wall stuff for free...

Course I know it won't work.

Only reason I ordered it form them was because I was getting a bunch of other stuff from them anyway. Last time I get tubing form them.

They only sell the 1/16" stuff eh....

Well that'll teach me to read.....

$60 bucks, gah...

well, I think I only have 2 shor rad bends I gotta do so the 3' or so of the 1/8" wall I have SHOULD be enough for that, just woulda been nice to have the sam ethickness tubing all around.

I do have a good 8 feet I think of the DD green UV tubing, but I really wanted to do this config in clear tubing....

I can't believe you went and bought them form FrozenCPU when McMaster sells the same exact tubing you are looking for MUCH cheaper... $60 for tubing is ridiculous ;)

You mean to tell me you just spent $60 on tubing and didn't check to see that the website has them listed as 1/2 id and 5/8 od, which gives a 1/16 wall. WOW!!! :eek:

Jas said:
So I Ordered some Tygon from Frozencpu (Along with a bunch of other junk), and instead of sending me the 1/8" wall stuff, they sent me the 1/16" wall stuff. I ordered 20' of it too......

I know I've got about 3' of the 1/8" stuff still, I hope thats enough for the short radius bends I I'm gonan need.

BAH

Just needed to vent...

I got burned the same way, don't feel too bad. :bang head

why the hell were you ordering from F-CPU in the first place? only good thing that they sell is probably their godly-concentrated UV water dye, besides that, EVERYTHING is overpriced

hopefully you'll be able to return it though, but for now, you seriously deserve a cookie :tup:

Only reason I ordered anything from them is because I was looking for a blue BIX, DD was actually out of stock, but Frozen had a few. I figured I was already paying shipping on some crap, so might as well get some tubing. And yeah my fault. I saw tygon 3603 and just assumed it was the 1/8" wall. Oh well.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal. I've used the thin stuff before, it's just a slight pain in the butt to get everythnig routed. But thankfully I still have some of the thick stuff.

oh well...

a slight PITB? when i had 1/16" wall tygon... dear god, it kinked every single time i even TRIED routing it around a gentle bend - vinyl (home depo) tubing has a better bend radius w/o kinking than this stuff :beer:

and as my 7th grade math teacher used to say, "never assume, or else you'll become the first three letters of it" ;)

Sneaky said:
why the hell were you ordering from F-CPU in the first place? only good thing that they sell is probably their godly-concentrated UV water dye, besides that, EVERYTHING is overpriced

No, FCPU isn't the Walmart of online retailers. However, they have a great selection of parts, constantly cycle in new products, have good customer support and ship very fast. I can only speak for myself in this, but sometimes I just want to order what I want and get it done. It's not ALL about hunting all over creation just to save a few pennies, at least not for everyone.

Sneaky said:
a slight PITB? when i had 1/16" wall tygon... dear god, it kinked every single time i even TRIED routing it around a gentle bend - vinyl (home depo) tubing has a better bend radius w/o kinking than this stuff :beer:

and as my 7th grade math teacher used to say, "never assume, or else you'll become the first three letters of it" ;)

Yeah, it kinks like a mad man in all but he gentlest of curves. The tube routing design I came up with though only features 2 short radius bends which I have enough of the thick wall stuff to cover, so im HOPING it will all route ok. If not I'll be going to Home depot....

As for frozencpu, they have pretty good prices on most things. And perosnally I'll pay a couple extra bucks for good CS, huge selection, and ultra fast shipping.

Don't worry about it Jas the tubing will be fine unless your doing tight bends, if not just grabe some coolsleeves theyll help alot. As for frozencpu they may be overpriced but you will not find better service elsewhere, and their reseller rating holds this as true....

Back