• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 maybe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bknight

my pc got hack so hade to reformat.
so now my 9800pro will not work i get this stop mess kmode_exleption_not_handed??the card did work befor this.

did you reinstall that latest drivers? did you go with the control panel or catalyst control center.

try this:
click "start" > "run"
type "dxdiag"
click "save all information"

save the files somewhere and attach it to your post using the "manage attachments" button.

as soon as i got done with the format and reboot to lodewindows i got that stop mess. i could not get past that stop, took out the card put the old one in and booted right up? so is the ati bad now?

bknight said:
my pc got hack so hade to reformat.
so now my 9800pro will not work i get this stop mess kmode_exleption_not_handed??the card did work befor this.

That error has nothing to do with your video card...

"Error:
Stop Error 0x0000001E (KMODE exception not handled)

Translation:
The kernel attempted to execute an illegal or unknown instruction.

Solution:
This error sometimes occurs if you have an ATA/66 UDMA 4 (Ultra Direct Memory Access) or faster hard drive and your motherboard doesn’t support a fast data rate transfer. If your hard drive supports ATA/66 or faster, it may have a label letting you know of its fast transfer rate. If not, check with your system or hard drive vendor. Check with your motherboard manufacturer to see if you’re using the latest BIOS. To get around this stop error, reboot your PC and enter your BIOS’ CMOS settings (to find out how, see the error “Hung, frozen, or black screen during installation,” above). In “Chipset features setup,” disable UDMA on the IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) channel with the hard drive and set your PIO (Programmed Input/Output) to mode 4 for that channel. The PIO mode determines how fast data is transferred between the processor and the hard drive. Disabling the UDMA causes the hard drive to communicate through the processor and not directly to the memory. You should be able to install Windows, but your drive won’t be at its fastest without UDMA enabled. After installation, you can try changing the UDMA and PIO back to see if WinNT or Win2000 is stable. If not, you will need to retain those settings for as long as you use that motherboard and hard drive."

Link

glock19owner hay thank you
imlooking into this right now. sorry for posting it here but it would not bootup with the ati card in.

got it up and running now.it will post with the ati
i had to youes the wd data lifguard tools prob in the bios tyfor the help

Back