• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Res for MCP600/650 & G4 Fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

pics of my Custom Resevior for my D4 pump but it can be use on MCP pumps as well This is the First Gen Res

DSC00087s.jpg

DSC00088s.jpg

DSC00089s.jpg

The 2nd Gen is here

re1.jpg
re2.jpg
re3.jpg
re4.jpg

Here is my custom fittings on my G4 water blocks The inner diameter is much bigger than default fittings.

DSC00080s.jpg

DSC00081s.jpg

DSC00083s.jpg

DSC00084s.jpg

DSC00086s.jpg

OCS911 said:
looks cool on custom res, nice job! where do you purchase those nickel plated barbs?
Cathar (maker of G4/G5 storm blocks) sends them out for nickel plating himself :thup:

another angle of the intake
IMG_8067.jpg

There is no modification done to the pump original intake at all...

when I order my res from them... it was a custom job....

but now they have created version2 and mass produce it...

http://www.colorstone.com.tw/product.asp?rootid=6&catcode=49&productid=535
http://www.colorstone.com.tw/product.asp?rootid=6&catcode=49&productid=528

too bad the site is in chinese

Also I got my custom fitting from them too... it was a custom job as well and they dont have those fittings on their site anymore. The custom fitting I got uses bspt thread, and http://www.colorstone.com.tw/product.asp?rootid=6&catcode=49&productid=538 uses M15 thread

Ok Elusion, i think we should do like a car forum and start up a GROUPBUY! I'd jump on that reservoir in an instant... And I know my buddy would too!

A quick question: How restrictive is that reservoir? Noticeable flow rate drop?

the resevior is not restrictive at all because it mounts on the original intake.

I don't think oc forum allows GROUP BUY

what is your purpose of changing a bit larger inner diameter barbs? I can see honeycomb holes in inlet barb so larger inner will increase water blows through more honeycomb holes so does it improve on the performance?

Cathar said:
I think the question was referring to the different barbs that Elusion fitted after he replaced the stock barbs.
my bad

also... it looks like you have access to some milling machines and the like - definite thumbs up for the work man :thup: :attn:

You know, i misread the post. So it sounds like the company that you custom ordered from took your design and is now offereing it from their website, right? So a buyer like myself can order it?

It also looks like the site is in Chinese and they are located in Taiwan... Do they ship internationally?

mvjonny,

that is correct.... they do ship internationally and that is how I got mine in SC USA

wow nice fittings for the thermochills and G4. Cathar, anyway you can use them on the G5? Not that theres anything wrong with the regular barbs. Btw Are those barbs 1/2ID? I need some for my 120.3. Those cheesy plastic barbs arent cutting it.

Thermochills, LRWW, Cascade, G4, and G5 all have the same barb thread size.

Elusion, I had a little trouble understanding the site. How much does each barb cost?

In any event, am pretty happy with the 1/2" barbs that I use/ship with the blocks. All up they account for around 2% of the block's total hydraulic resistance, so it's not like replacing them with something freer flowing is going to win anything big. If it made for as much as a 0.02C difference on a hot CPU, I'd be highly surprised.

Back