• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enabling Dual Channel Mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grand_Mufti

I have heard different stories with every motherboard concerning memory configurations. I have heard that in order to enable Dual Channel Mode, memory sticks must occupy the first and third ram slots. Can anyone verify this? My computer boots with ram slots 1 and 2 filled and also 1 and 3 filled. However I do not know if I am running in Dual Channel Mode. Of course DFI's installation guide doesn't say anything about the subject. You can view my system specs in my sig if it is of any assistance. Thank you for you help.

You can download CPU-Z real quick and go to the memory tab...and at the top corner it will state if it is in dual channel or single

Attachments

• CPUZ2.JPG
    CPUZ2.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 122
Awesome! Thanks. With CPU-Z I was able to test my memory configurations to enable Dual Channel Mode. Turns out the sticks needed to be in 1 and 3. Do you happen to know if Dual Channel over Single Channel Mode has any significant increase in performance? Thank you again.

From what I have seen and heard, Dual Channel gives ~5 to 10% of a performance increase over Single Channel configuration. However this will be different for different applications so your mileage may vary.

Back