• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Solution, Cannot Run Dual Channel Mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bydyn

Here is my specs:

Procie AMD FX6300 4.2Ghz
RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 4Gb x 2
VGA MSI AMD R9 380
Mobo MSI 970 Gaming
HDD WD Cavier Blue 1TB
PSU EVGA 650 GD

Guys I have an issue with my RAM. Every time I instal my rams on the dual channel slot, only half of the ram is usable. But I can use all the dimm without problem as long as not instaling it as the dual channel module.

OXOX or XOXO (for dual channel) only 3.9Gb or something usable, task manager and system shows 8Gb (3.9GB usable)

OOXX or XXOO no problem but only single channel.

Any solution guys?

RAMs are new, it also happened with the older
Mobo has been replaced with other
Procie is in good condition..

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks

have you tried lower speed/timings for them in dual channel. could be the mem controller not strong enough for whatever timings once in dual channel

I had this problem from a broken pin on my cpu. Has it ever worked since you installed the cpu? Do you have a spare to test with? If you have had the processor out of the socket recently then double check that all pins are there and that none are bent

With four identical memory sticks, how can you not install them in dual channel when all four are in place? Are you saying that even when you only install two of the four sticks you can't run in dual channel?

knoober has a good suggestion about checking for bent or broken CPU pins. I have also had this problem with motherboards having damaged soldered traces between the CPU and the DIMM sockets.

Is there a newer bios version available than the one you are using now?

With four identical memory sticks, how can you not install them in dual channel when all four are in place? Are you saying that even when you only install two of the four sticks you can't run in dual channel?

knoober has a good suggestion about checking for bent or broken CPU pins. I have also had this problem with motherboards having damaged soldered traces between the CPU and the DIMM sockets.

Is there a newer bios version available than the one you are using now?

I just replaced the old one... not having 4

Back