• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on Obtaining More Preformance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Westline

I have just finished benchmarking my system with the new 75.90 beta drivers and they gained me another 500 points or so in 3Dmark05. I scored a 6694 with the main rig in my signature. Is there any way for me to squeeze more preformance out of my rig so I can possibly break 7k? My video card clocks are basicly maxed, if I go any higher, I get start to artifact. Thanks.

I dunno that's an awesome score. How did you setup 75.90 to give you more performance? My scores tanked when I compared 75.90 to 71.84.

I haven't tried 71.84 drivers. I think I will try those to see if they give more performance. Before i used the lastest Nvidia drivers and my scores were in the low 6000's.

Your GPU memory is at a pretty low speed did you try any ramsinks on those things?

looks pretty good, the only way to get higher I think is by improving your overall cooling, and tweaking the OS alot. I know that this won't make more than a few points difference but if you can get the hypertransport slightly higher. Usually I crank that up as high as possible for when i'm tryiing to achieve max benchmarks. It probaly only helps a few points but when your going for max everything counts. I don't know how you have the OS setup but turning off services helps a great deal. I only have about 14 processes running in task manager, which is significantly less than the standard winxp settings.

Back