• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake BigWater

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got mine last Thursday, extremely pleased with noise reduction and performance. Glad you had a similar experience, I don't think I could ever go back to a fan on a hi performance pc.

Lots of pics of installation and components.

mjdart

awsome guys... im getting the same one and picking up case/powersupply and the big water kit. my question is... how long did u guys let it run before u put it in and do you guys leave your pc on 24/7? and do you know if theres any risks at leaving my pc on 24/7 with thei big water kit? thats a BIG question because i cant stand booting up :) or shutting down.. and i just wanna know if there is any reasons not to leave it on 24/7 thanx :)

RangerDave said:
awsome guys... im getting the same one and picking up case/powersupply and the big water kit. my question is... how long did u guys let it run before u put it in and do you guys leave your pc on 24/7? and do you know if theres any risks at leaving my pc on 24/7 with thei big water kit? thats a BIG question because i cant stand booting up :) or shutting down.. and i just wanna know if there is any reasons not to leave it on 24/7 thanx :)

As soon as i installed it it ran, no problems. I left it on for 2+ days right after i got it, and still had the same temps. I dont know of any risk, thats a better question for somebody else to answer.

Hrmm, I can get my temp probes to read within a degree of Ambient if I cool the room below 20c. But even then, I know those are probably 1-3 degrees off And god knows the motherboard temps aren't accurate.

Considering the low flow/pressure and waterblock design of the Bigwater kit, I can't imagine you getting 25 idle 30 load unless it's VERY cold in the room you are in.

Its just not that big of a performer.

TO get 25 it needs to be roughly 22-23 degrees in my apt. Load tops at 29. Again those measurements are taken using temp probes on the waterblock adjectent to the core. As close to the core as the probe is, its still probably reading at least a degree too low.

donniesd said:
Those are what ntune and easytune are reporting.

Trusting a motherboard CPU temp sensor is like trusting your boss..... Especially if his name is Abit or MSI.

If you ahve an Abit board, try rebooting a few times, I'm willing to bet you see a temp change. Been my experience that most Abit boards, the Temp sensor will recillibrate on reboot, might be reading low one boot, might be reading high another.

Jas said:
Trusting a motherboard CPU temp sensor is like trusting your boss..... Especially if his name is Abit or MSI.

If you ahve an Abit board, try rebooting a few times, I'm willing to bet you see a temp change. Been my experience that most Abit boards, the Temp sensor will recillibrate on reboot, might be reading low one boot, might be reading high another.

I have a giga-byte. These prograsm are the only ones i found to give the the most real team,Cant use MBM5, was reporting -8c :beer:

That recalibration difference is >8*C for my friend, so it's no temperature probe at all. With my room temps of around 26-27*C, I'd love to have yout CPU temps :)

Maybe laughin at Imperial units isn't cool but I can't miss this chance - how can it be possible tht some many people use scale that is calibrated from "very cold" to "my wife's temp" :D

donniesd said:
77f From the temp read out in my room.

ok well 77f is 25c.

So......

It is basically impossible that your idle temps would be the same as room temps.

So one of two things here. Either you are reading the wrong sensor, or it is miscalibrated.

If you are reading the Sys temp, then that woudl make sense, since thats reading the temp on the motherboard, and not the CPU. On most motherboards this should be reading what your approxomite temp is inside your case, and NOT the temp of the CPU.

Not trying to shoot you down at all. Temps are very rarely ever accurate. Considering its posting idle at room temp, I have to seriously question either the callibration or the sensor its reporting as the CPU.

Even on a top of the line, extreme performance water cooling rig, you should see an idle temp at least a degree higher than room temp.

Now, if you are getting into low ambient temps, then its very possible to idle at room temp. If I drop ambient air temps to < 18c then I can get my cpu to idle at room temp.

Ok, put a temp probe in my case and its reporting 25.3c, so i guess temp1 is case and temp2 is cpu? 29c

Back