• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RGMi Memtest #5 Errors???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Balrog

Hi All!

I've been using my 8RGMi for about 9 monthes now - its been a great little rig - it has a full OC BIOS with voltages & tweaks - its run ~2.4Ghz @209FSB dual channel using IGP - 217FSB using an AGP card - nothing spectacular but fun for mATX.

Last 3 monthes its been acting strange - occasional cold boot, ~twice a month - gives Memtest #5 errors right off the bat - yet will run Prime 12hrs with no errors -

I've got excellent voltages & cooling, tried 3 different AGP cards - 4 different BIOS - CH-5s, BH-5s & Crucial PC2700 which all will run 200FSB minimum Memtest stable in other rigs but all give same results in Memtest with the 8RGMi

I've heard that some of the ATX nForce2 boards have had similiar issues & wondered if anyone had come up with a solution???

I'd like to use it as my file server running onboard everything again @200FSB but the Memtest errors make me wonder even though Prime is stable. Any other memory tests I should try to see if its just some incompatability with Memtest itself.

No sign of cap problems on the Teapos or Sanyos & voltages are rock steady.

TIA!

Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
how much voltage are you throwing at the bh5, ch5. I would just lower the timings on everything and work back to tight timings with no errors.

Hey El!

I have up to 2.9V VDimm in the 8RGMi - the BH-5 will run 200FSB 5-2-2-2 on the limited 2.7V my AN35N BIOS has with no problems - my CH-5 sticks will all run 220-225FSB @11-3-3-2.5 on Auto in the Shuttle as well, both Memtest & Prime stable. None of the sticks will run Memtest@200FSB even at loose timings & max voltage in the 8RGMi (which does have 3 phase power & P4) but they'll run 12hrs Prime stable w/o errors @ same settings - go figure!

I've got it torn down now & using the parts in another AN35N refurb - Memtest/Prime stable 200FSB 5-2-2-2 with BH-5s currently -think I'll re-do the NB sink & put new sinks with a cooling fan on the 8RGMI's mosfets & see if that helps.

Regards, Balrog

All fixed!!!

It was crappy sinks on mosfets & new NB sink not seating well - I re-did them & added a fan to cool them & its back running 200FSB on the IGP - Memtest & Prime stable again - Sweet!!!!! Gonna make a nice file server!

Later All!

Regards, Balrog

Back