• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locked out of my files!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deku12345

Registered
I had a dell computer that had a lot of stuff I would rather not lose on it. Of course natually I accidentally fried it. One motherboard and processor later, I tried reinstalling windows using that recovery cd that comes with dell computesr. It showed all my logins, but when I clicked on it, it told me to log in I must reactivate windows. Naturally I can't connect to the internet without configuring my interernet blah blah blah. So I tried the phone activation and it never gave me a human representative, the little machine just hung up on me.

I decided to screw that for now and tried to just use that drive as a slave drive in this computer so I can access my files. Now there are some files under my "my documents" folder that I would like to get. The problem is, I locked those files unless you were logged in to my account. (My brother was having a birthday party, and the last thing I needed was a bunch of 13 year olds going "hey look! Your brother's school paper!" *delete*) So now I can't access those files, anyway of bypassing the restriction?

Thanks.

Back