• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Objectdock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDizzle

I just started using Objectdock in place of my regular Windows taskbar and so far I like it because it's something different, but the program seems a bit buggy. It randomly errors and shuts down sometimes and that's pretty annoying. Anyone else using Objectdock? Is it just me having these problems or is it the program?

Here's a shot of my desktop:

Desktop.gif

looks cool, i'd check their onsite forums\support. it could be really anything that isn't compatible with that sort of interface. yahoo messenger is particularly a pita when it comes to custom UI mods.

Oh, I don't use Yahoo Messenger though. This program just keeps crashing on me. My friend used to use it a long time ago and stopped also because the crashes got annoying.

Object Dock is known to be buggy. Not the every so often buggy either. I tested out OD earlier last year, and quickly took it out(gave it 4 days). Yeah it has potential for bieng kewl. To many issues for day to day use.
The interface has got the potential to be 'A-1', now all they need to do is make the thing stable. If you like that you would love MAC. If remember correctly it is a knock off of it, but isn't as stable.

I like it because it's different than the normal, boring windows taskbar. Yea I think this thing might be too buggy for me. I'll probably give it up after a week or two because I can't stand the crashing.

So if I like it, I'll love a mac or will I love linux? Haha.

I use Objectdock, and yes, i also find it buggy. It crashes every so often, but that does not bother me since i have a multimedia keyboard and i've just programed one of my buttons to launch OD. Therefore whenever it crashes i just press that one button and its back on.

I have the newest free version off of downloads.com, I think it's 1.1. Where did you dl yours from? Do you have any extra dockets? Maybe that's what's causing the crashes.

Back