• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this normal? 3.6ghz at 1.38V is not stable.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

The story is this, i was so happy to get my mobo from newegg, turn out it was a DOA, crappy mobo AGP slot wasn't working, so i just pulled out my brand new spare mobo and test the chip. The chip is a 2.4A E0 prescott BTW. It booted up at 3.6ghz (the mobo only have the option to increase by 6% Vcore, originally Vcore was 1.32 i believe). Anyways tried to install with that and it wasn't stable. I'm rather surprise, my replacement will be here by friday, so we'll see. I'm trying for 4ghz, i hope it'll work. The mobo is a Shuttle BTW. i will never buy another shuttle again but this time i have to because i don't wanna pay the restocking fees, hopefully i'll get a "lasting" mobo this time.

If your 2.4A will boot at 3.6 gig on a crappy Shuttle with marginal vcore, then it should do great on a better mobo with real voltage adjustments. Good luck.

Back