• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 0 config??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

screwtech02

Hey all, i have 2 250gig 16mb buffer drives in raid 0, when i set it up, i set the stripe size to 16, like my 2 80gig drives, now my performance is for crap, its half of what it was with the 2 80gigs, should i set stripe size to the max of 64 since its such a big array, or just go with 1 drive. The drives are IDE, maxtors, i used em instead of the sata drives to get my fsb higher. Also its on a 915p chipset if that makes any difference... :confused:

No, they were 8 mb buffer, but still 7200rpm... I am thinking that the array is just too big, so i am trying it with 1 of the 250gig's now, then i will rerun some bench's.. It really sucks that the whole sata thing wont work over 260fsb, Asus tech support told me that it was a "overheating" problem with my p.s, mem, or "your cpu cooler is not attached properly", not to mention it was the old standard "cut and paste" corporate reply.... :rolleyes: Funny how i can only get 260fsb with a sata raid array, but can go to 285/290 with IDE drives, but its probably a "hardware concern" and not a chipset "limitation", just ask Asus, they'll tell you..... :bang head

partition your drive into two or three sections..

15 gig for windows .. and two other ones approx 220 gigs.. instead of using 16k ty using 32k stripe..

and yes .. the 915 chipset are not anything to talk about.. lots of complaints on its abilities

Tried a single drive, and my combined performance was 43,000, compaired to 91,000 with the 2 sata drives... I may get a 925 chipset board if they dont have the sata recognition problem... :bang head

Back