• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 939 Mounting Dimensions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Craptacualr

Hey all, some of you may know that I have a new Socket 939 on the way and I'm lookin to be a first-timer in home-made blocks I have a basic question. In designing my block some of you have helped me figure out I can go with about a 1mm thick channel if i'm using microchannels, and otherwise 2-3mm if using a flat surface, along with a 1/2" thick channel. Thats all well and good, but I need to know the distance apart of the motherboard mounting holes for a socket 939 chip if I'm going to design this block before I get my board...

So if anyone knows the EXACT distance between the center of the mounting holes of a Socket 939 motherboard, please let me know so I can start milling my block before I get the mobo, thanks :)

*breaks out own calipers*

holy mother, that far apart? Jebus, thats way wider than I thought, might re-think my design a lil :)

it may be 90mm... my $15 calipers are reading 3.5" with the OD thing, and 89mm with the ID thing...

i'm guessing its truly 90mm because most PC stuff is in metric

i want to order some pimp azz digital ones (.001 accuracy) off of mcmaster but i'm too poor at the moment

Heh, yeah, I got a pair of those at the lab, very convenient, and really shows you how hard it is for a human hand to hold something truly still :)

Back