• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD 2-3-3-5 timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

I am running mushkin level 1 pc 3500 on my board

I BSOD last night booted right back up after this and ran all night then ran prime 95 for 5 hours today with 0 errors

All i was doing when it BSOD was serching for music on my hardrives

could this be memory related???

test each stick individually if u have a kit... when did u get the memory? has it been working before?

Mhypertext said:
I am running mushkin level 1 pc 3500 on my board

I BSOD last night booted right back up after this and ran all night then ran prime 95 for 5 hours today with 0 errors

All i was doing when it BSOD was serching for music on my hardrives

could this be memory related???

Mate,

It could be a quirky occurence, but I would strongly suggest you run Prime95 > 14 hours and 32M of Super Pi to be absolutely sure.

Now, sometimes a sudden spike in voltage could destabilize your entire system. What are your other settings? I hope you are not running your CPU on the edge of its stability curve.

Finally, it would be incorrect to leave out software/video card issues, related to temprature and driver problems.

My suggestion would be to perfore an overall system stability re-check as given here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335813

I don't know where you live, but the ambient tempratures seem to be rising as the winter receeds. So a stability re-analysis would be a useful thing to do.

Hope this helps,

S-N

Back