• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 users please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

Ok I really don't like sifting through threads trying to relate them to my issues. I'm running a A64 3200+ claw on a DFI Lanparty 250GB board with 2x512mb Corsair PC3200LL 1.1 (BH-5 for sure) and I'm screwing up somewhere. It will boot into windows at 240fsb (or A64 equiv.) with 2-2-2-7 1T timings just fine. But I'm messing up somewhere because I get errors running benchmarks. The same errors I'm getting at 220fsb and even with 2.5-3-3-8@240fsb. What BIOS do I absolutely need and what else needs to be adjusted other than the 2-2-2-7 1T timings?

How much voltage are you giving them? Also, I was unable to get a gig of BH5 stable at 1T at anything, not even 200MHz. 2T let them fly though.

Well I'll be damned. 240fsb@2-2-2-7 1T 3.3v passed memtest 100%. This is damn good memory. Any threat to my CPU or memory if its running 3.3 on the v.dimm?

Roids-A-Flamin' said:
Well I'll be damned. 240fsb@2-2-2-7 1T 3.3v passed memtest 100%. This is damn good memory. Any threat to my CPU or memory if its running 3.3 on the v.dimm?

shouldn't have much threat to the cpu as that is controlled by the vcore. As always I suggest people use active cooling for your ram on any system using more than 3v on the vdimm......

Also you might want to try the memory burn in process. This has been proven to work effectively with bh5 chips.

Also have you thought that maybe it was your processor that is crashing? Lower the multi and max your ram, then raise the multi or try different dividers.

Well the system seems to be running pretty rock solid right now at 2.4ghz. CPU is at 1.65 v.core which is how much I had to put into it in order not to crash. My memory is running 2-2-2-7 1T@480mhz. I'm going to bump it to 250 and see how it goes.

geko said:
As this is a BH-5 thread i want to ask: BH is the chip, yes? And the 5 is for 5ns? The reason i ask is that im looking at these -> http://www.oc-wear.com/pd1111585212.htm?categoryId=27 and i dont know if they're bh-5 or not as it says bh 5ns so it confused me.

thanks to anyone who answers a high-jacked thread :D

Well, it certainly looks like its advertised as bh-5...the only question is whether it is the new stuff that TwinMOS is using in their recently released PC3500 Speed Premium modules.

Look here to see what OCZ is doing with this new stuff.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56898

Back