• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem w/ a P4C800 dx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitdbd

Registered
Hi,
I replaced my intel mobo with a p4c800dx this weekend. Now my leadtek 6800 gt 256mb isn't working. Has anyone heard of this problem? A Geforce fx 5200 128mb is working fine.
thanks

It operates normally for 30 to 60 sec; but then I start getting different colored blocks. Assorted colors over the screen, even in bios and cmos modes. i replaced it with a geforce 5200 fx which works fine.
thank you for the response.

Last edited:
definitely check the power. Are you using a power connector that also has the hard drive on the same chain? if so, try separating them.

Is the Geforce 5200 a PCI or AGP card? With a Antec 430 watter it should be plenty power. Did you set your AGP memory in the bios on 256? Did you remember to plug in the power plug to your card? ( stupid question but just making sure).

geforce 5200 is a AGP card. 6800 gt molex is plugged straight to the psu. +12v=11.90v, +5v=4.98v, power supply temps 29c idle.

the 6800 gt worked on the previous mobo(intel i875) and the antec 430w psu. i'm not having power issues with anything else. I was hoping not to replace the asus motherboard with the intel board; just too see if the card works again. May have damaged the 6800gt uninstalling everything.
Thanks for all the responses.

Back