• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've OC'd my A64 3200 winchester

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuckyshabazz

Registered
hey all new to the forums here and I've also just got into OC my system I have a atholon 64 3200 winchester core I just love it. I just overclocked it to 2.55 its standard is 2.0 was woundering if my temps were good at this oc for the chip. I have all stock cooling for right now. my temps at idle are 30 to 31c and at load like doom3 34 to 35 c. would like any imput that anyone might have thanks :)

that is a really good overclock i recommend getting an xp-90 if you want to go furthar on air cooling

ok I might need some help getting you guys some screens I'm not sure but is xp pro able to take screens of windows open ?

ASUS A8V deluxe AI series mobo, amd atholon 64 3200+ winchester 2.0 ghz OC 2.55, BFG 6800 GT, 512x2 ddr 3400 dual channel ram, WD hard drive 40 gig and seagate 120 gig Liteon CDRW HP DVDRW 450 Watt PSU, 3 80mm Intake fans 3 80mm exhust fans.

hit the print screen button, and go to ms paint and click edit > paste. Save it as a jpeg.

ok I'm not seeing a print screen button if you could be more specific sorry maybe step buy step : )

so what your saying is thats pretty dam great for stock cooling and the oc I have so you don't think I have any worries on toasting my cpu ?

I'm downloading 3dmarks 03 right now to see what my marks are I've not touch the graphics card of course its factory oc'd and I would like to get like maybe the NV 5 silencer for it before I do my Doom 3 FPS are 97.5 at high quailty and res is 1024x768 and no aa

Try running prime95 or memtest86 or super pi to also test for stability (in addition to gaming/genreal use/3Dmark/Aquamark)

shuckyshabazz said:
so what your saying is thats pretty dam great for stock cooling and the oc I have so you don't think I have any worries on toasting my cpu ?
Very good, and no you shouldnt have any worries bout it toasting.

But if you stuck an XP-90 on it, you'd see some nice results.

gvblake22 said:
Try running prime95 or memtest86 or super pi to also test for stability (in addition to gaming/genreal use/3Dmark/Aquamark)
Yeah, it might not be stable, but if your running Doom3 and stuff, thats stable enough, since you really wont be needing stable above that.

would my mobo being the Asus A8V tell me if it was unstable in some way like not booting or a overclocking error at the post ?

Back