• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my drive caught on fire........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magick_man

Forum Magician
i have a maxtor 160 gb diamond max 9 and a little while ago i turn my computer on and hear a litle pop, so i look into my comp to see wtf it was and then i see FIRE coming out of the bottom of my precious hdd......
so as you can immagine i am kinda ****** off right now, that was my back up/storage drive. and now it is freaking ruined.
there is a chip on the board with the middle completely burned out and half the pins on one side of the chip are burned off.
so i checked maxtors site and filed for a rma with the "advance replacement"
meaning they send me a new drive then i send mine back to them
with my luck this wont be covered by warranty and they will charge me an arm and a leg for the new one :(
i just hope everything goes smoothly, has anyone used mawtor's rma service before. and if so what were your experiences?

thanks, ~Magick_Man~

it should go overwell but dang caught on fire... you have a burning system. anyways i've heard a lot about maxtors rma service, a lot of people would say they are fairly decent. of course casual complaints but you should get a new one. your on fire dude....

That sucks, do you have any pics??? If so send them into maxtor along with your reguest :D that should help a little.

Back