• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Watercooling Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phatty2x4

Here's my original project: HERE
It works GREAT, however, new ideas and needs are coming around(sata w/ncq controller card, GPU block. Plus, it's fun.).
As you can see, from my original project, not much room inside. This is all going to change.
I'm going to be building a box that bolts to the bottom of my case. It's going to house my huge HC and my pump.
These are just design ideas and it would be great if anyone knew of a program that i can design, entering EXACT dimensions. MS Paint and PSP works, for now(not precise though).
Deciding on which one i should do, first is harder to make, but is better airflow:

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

I have access to all the tools/materials. Probably going to be an aluminum skelly w/aluminum siding.
Any comments/suggestions would be great. TIA!

Welcome to the Forums! :welcome: (I always wanted to be the first to welcome)

That looks pretty awesome what you are doing there, I wanted to make an external box for my Watercooling Setup but then I remembered I am talentless when it comes to things like that.

Nice box, mine no where near as good. Well, atleast in manufacturing looks.
and whitebloodcell: if you try you can get atleast 1 a month ^_^

Thanks guys I guess I failed to realize this was a first post. Ive been reading here for quite sometime now. Yeah my box is manfactured fine it jsut fits a uncommon rad now. After seeing how this one was built I think I'll TRY and create my own either using dual 77 Bonni's or possibly one of Wepon's Monster Cores, along with my pump of choice.

-Brandon

Oh and Itchy5 I'm over near you sorta in the Grapevine-Euless area.

It seems like there are a bunch of us DFW metroplex people on these forums. Maby we could all meet up at quakecon or something. (I hope to go)

I have autocad 2006, but have no idea how to use it. Maybe i'll give Visio a shot.

thegreek said:
You bought a $500 program and don't know how to use it? :rolleyes:
He may not have actually had to pay for it. I've always got vendors giving me free software at work with the hope that I'll recommend it for adoption. If I tried to become even halfway proficient with all the apps sitting in my filing cabinet I'd have time for nothing else.

my ugly box

phatty2x4 said:
Here's my original project: HERE
It works GREAT, however, new ideas and needs are coming around(sata w/ncq controller card, GPU block. Plus, it's fun.).
As you can see, from my original project, not much room inside. This is all going to change.
I'm going to be building a box that bolts to the bottom of my case. It's going to house my huge HC and my pump.
These are just design ideas and it would be great if anyone knew of a program that i can design, entering EXACT dimensions. MS Paint and PSP works, for now(not precise though).
Deciding on which one i should do, first is harder to make, but is better airflow:

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

I have access to all the tools/materials. Probably going to be an aluminum skelly w/aluminum siding.
Any comments/suggestions would be great. TIA!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=353242

It is the ultimate crude looking thing. I made a plenum and have a 120v desk fan in there in some pic or another. that worked with two Black Ice replica radiators stacked on each other and x-connected.

OK that is jpg 351 that shows the induced fan. That little black hole on the bottom there is the outlet of the fan sucking on a box area with the rads on the other side, much like yours. The fan is 120v , it is a desk fan like from WalMart. The juice for the pump and fan are from a Criticool PowerPlant II, a relay that fits in a PCI slot.

Last edited:
thegreek said:
You bought a $500 program and don't know how to use it? :rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at me, focker! :p j/k

I got a copy from my uncle, who works for the state. It was a free handout.
I used to know how to use autocad, but it's been so long freekin long.

pplapeu said:

That's some bada$$ ****. But i'm going for something that looks like it's part of the case.

Back