• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL7PU p4 530 LGA775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MelkorsBanes

I just got this thing and Ive got 4 cooler master case fans, a thermaltake 90 mm proc fan, and a thermalright xp90 heatsink. Ive also got some artic silver 5 on there as well. I was curious as to how high you guys think I could OC this thing without burning it up. And if you couldnt tell im new to OCing processors :)

I must say in addition some of these things I dont understand like vdroop(sp?) I never knew there were SO many things to OCing

If anyone can speak to me about this I will gladly speak to them.

msn - [email protected]
AIM - SK5502

Any advice or warnings would be great, as im unfamiliar with some of the things on this board and dont want to ruin my rig too badly :)

It is difficult, prolly impossible for anyone to give you an idea how much a proc will OC without knowing what mobo it will be on, what memory, PSU? It also helps for the computer to already be put together and some idea of what the temps are with the cooling you are using.

The best place to start OCing is by reading the stickies like this one and then posting back with specific questions if you have problems,

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=263753

Back