• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program to show network access of programs..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
I've seen mention of a utlity which you can put on a machine and it sort of takes netstat to the next lvl, Where it will show what ports are open, destination/local ports and ip addresses, and what process/application/device has it open. Anyone know what this is?

Basically I have my doubts about this program, and I want to make sure its not trying to access the internet for any reason, and if it is I need to know where its going and on what ports. (which ZA doesn't give)

Thanks for the help.

if you are using linux/unix, lsof is your best friend, use lsof -i to find out what ports are open, what programs are using those ports, their pid number... etc etc, all the info you want in a small package :p

tried out etherreal, maybe I just dont understand it but it doesnt seem to do anything but act as a packetsniffer...

Back