• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory timings probably a dumb question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

The ran in my sig, is it possible to lower timings on it? I tried a few different things kind of random. I 1st tried changing CAS to 2 and keeping the others at 3,3,8. And then I thought perhaps I'd try 2.5,2,2,6 as I read someone had corsair value ran running at that timings. It appears that any change out from default timings I get the most obnoxious sounding plethora of beep sounds (not that 2 tone siren).

I'll have to give that a try. I just wanted to toy with it a little and see if it was possible. This ram in my KD7-raid at default voltage would post and load memtest86+ but generated tons of errors when i tried to lower CAS to 2. I figure though if I end up going higher than 200 fsb I probably won't be able to keep ram timings lower but I wanted to try something different.

Back