• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone gettin crazy overclocks with atitool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

ok so i tried checkin the 3dmark database didnt come up with much but i recently discovered the atitool(yes im slow my friend told me about it haha)

and i let it run and my core is at ~510mhz right now (stock 400). insane freakin overclock. anyone else with this card run atitool and get a major oc like this? im afraid my card will shoot up in flames soon lol (i never bothered to venture so far up before with manual overclocking)

just pondering.. lets hear from others of u out there

max

not with ati tools, but ati tray tools i got my 9800np core from 325 to 400 im to scared to try anything more :)

yeah its pretty crazy, i get scared too, i haev a sapphire 9600 xt, stock clocks are 500/600 core/mem, but when oced, i can let er rip to 605/700, useing ddr numbers of course.. but there no artifacts, no real heat issues, no lockups, no problems, but to me that seems like a pretty huge oc for a card, so i dont run at those speeds all the time... think its safe? it seems to run a little cooler too useing the stock fan and as5 i get temps of 29-52c idle-load

I get a pretty good OC with ATI tray tools. Never had any problems, AKA artifacts, crashes, etc. Got my X600 stock 400/300 up to 505/351 with a little cooling mod.

I get some decent clocks with it, at least core clocks. On a sapphire 9600np, I get 420 GPU, 200 Mem. Stock is 324 GPU, 189 Mem.

I've got a softmodded 9500np that does 390 (stock 275) with ATITool :D It's really scary to see it do 100MHz more than stock, but it never artifacts, so it's all good.

JigPu

yea so it stabilized at 510.. i left it at 500.. 100mhz is huge haha

alright well just wanted to make sure what u guys r running.. i got an 80mm fan on my card too so that helps

max

400 shouldnt be a big deal for a 9800np, the 9800nps use the same core i believe as the 9800pros, I have my core clocked up to 425 from 370, but you shouldnt have any problem doing that, thee are a number of people with nps flashed to xts

JigPu said:
I've got a softmodded 9500np that does 390 (stock 275) with ATITool :D It's really scary to see it do 100MHz more than stock, but it never artifacts, so it's all good.

JigPu
thats what i thought bout mine........100mhz core, 50 mhz/100 ddr for the mem is good in my books

TheGreySpectre said:
400 shouldnt be a big deal for a 9800np, the 9800nps use the same core i believe as the 9800pros, I have my core clocked up to 425 from 370, but you shouldnt have any problem doing that, thee are a number of people with nps flashed to xts

my card is basicly a 8pipe 9500 with fast clocks my 9800 is 128bit :shrug: i can do 420 but i get scared? i think i could do 440but hey? im happy at 400 :)

when did you get your 9600pro? i know that earlier models overclocked like there was no tomorrow. when i had one it did 525mhz on the core with plain water. if you read some of the reviews from long ago you'll find out how awesomely test models overclocked.

ATitool takes my stock 475MHz X800Pro to about 680 (205MHz overclock) and then crashes the computer. Can't always trust it.

my 9600 pro is running @ 450mhz core 330mhz mem (660 DDR)
i'm sure i can take it higher... but i get black screen of death when it run certain functions. which is weird since it runs 3d bench 2001 fine and dandy, it also runs half life and counter strike fine. it has no problem running 3d demos... but FFXI with all graphic improvements on will kill it sometimes, and every freakin' time, folding@home graphic mode kills it. i can't figure out what's wrong since it runs prime 95, sandra, 3d mark 2001 fine (36+ hrs)

ATI tool hated my 9600XT w/vivo. It wouldn't OC it even 10 mhz. I started using Rivatuner and I can get up to 600/700. And over that I am scared. I don't know why It is stable and not that much warmer than stock speeds. But, there is always that doubt in the back of your head.

hibner said:
ATI tool hated my 9600XT w/vivo. It wouldn't OC it even 10 mhz. I started using Rivatuner and I can get up to 600/700. And over that I am scared. I don't know why It is stable and not that much warmer than stock speeds. But, there is always that doubt in the back of your head.
i know exactly what you mean, i get the exact same clocks, everything runs no probs, i get scared too, but less afraid closer to payday :bday:

ATI Tool took my 9800Pro up from 350/338 to 426/352. Thats on the Stock cooling in a Dell System. I'm not sure but this might be why my Comp just randomly freezes. I could be typing in Word and it'll stop, no slow or anything. Just stop.

Once I managed to oc waay past my max oc right now without artifacts.... but then in games I got artifacts that atitool didn´t detected!

Even if you overclock it to the max, you wouldn't actually have physical damage (as long as the temps are within reason)...right?
My 9600p only overclocks the memory but not core :(
397/300 to 410/345

Back