• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mobo for $175 and under.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

Just like my post in "CPU's", the title says it all. And no opinions or hear-say, I want real reasons why the mobo is the "best".

The computer will be a all around performance machine, gaming a big factor but it cant stumble when it comes to video encoding, CD/DVD burning, etc. Oh, and it needs to be a good folder! :D

I want PCI-E (possibly SLI), GBLAN, integrated 5.1 audio. Other than that I dont care what features it has.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. I dont like DFI.

What do you mean you don't "like" DFI? They are the best OC'ing boards currently for AMD. Can i have reasons why you don't "like" DFI?

The way I hear it they are very picky about the other components you use, and the BIOS is sketchy and not updated very often.

I am more of a Abit fan.

if your looking for the best mobo your looking for a dfi and thats final....http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/ will give you the best read up on any sort's of problems/fixes

anyways for some reason if your still pretty picky on the situation you may as well grab the abit board of your choice as if you're an abit fan you'll probably like it

DO NOT GET AN ABIT BOARD.

I am in the process of RMA.

My board, the AV8, cannot report the correct temps. Go their forums to read about these problems (been over a year and 15 bios later and still doesnt work).

I upgraded to the newest BIOS today and it CRASHED while flashing. Hence my computer is now SCREWED up.

BAD motherboard.

I am curious to hear about DFI, why do you guys think its the best? I am going to buy a new MB today so I am open to the 'best' - as the title says.

Components: Newcastle 3500+, XP-90, Ernamax 480 (33 amps, 12 volt rail), Leadtek 6800gt, 1 gig corsair ram.

-Kharz

Back