• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

650W Modstream?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I checked with a OCZ Rep(friend's mom) and there will never be a powerstream with modular cables and that the modstream will be the only one with modular cables. The Modstream will be getting quite a few updates though to make it much more stable

-1cem4n

the modstream does not have the same quality as the powerstream, weak rails poor wattage, and power regulation. I would strongly recomend staying away from the modstream.

no i have not, i have tested the PowerStream though and its an awsome PSU

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/atx-psu_10.html

On the other hand, the OCZ ModStream is inferior to the Ryanpower2 in the actual parameters, first of all in the stability of the output voltages. So, OCZ should also make some improvements – to the electronics of the PSU. I think that a PSU of the PowerStream class, even without the manual voltage control but with the functionality of the ModStream series, would be a highly successful solution. So, if you’re going to buy a power supply with detachable wires – and this is really a helpful feature – then you’re facing a difficult choice: the Ryanpower2 is more stable, while the OCZ ModStream is better in terms of build quality and user-friendly design. If you’re going for a PSU from OCZ Technology, I would recommend to you to pay attention to models from the PowerStream series instead.

That will show you what im talking about when it comes to the Modstream.

well first of all xbitlabs reviews are terrible IMO, secondly I use a modstream, and it is by far the best PSU I have used. Now I have not used a powerstream, but I can say that the rails are rock solid upon load tested with a multimeter. Basically I am sick of seeing people bash it when it is a damn good psu

well i will contact OCZ and see for my self then, i happen to think that Xbit does very very good PSU reviews some of the best in the industry, they are not so good with other things.

infinitevalence said:
well i will contact OCZ and see for my self then, i happen to think that Xbit does very very good PSU reviews some of the best in the industry, they are not so good with other things.

contact ocz and ask what? "are your modstream psu's junk?" :rolleyes:

it's common sense that the powerstream is the better of the two. but i would not say the modstream is of poor quality. just not as good as a powerstream.

i wonder when we are going to have a truly top of the line modular psu. fortron needs to make one maybe.

Back