• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Problems with my A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quicksilvr

k...as some of you might know, i recently got this board, and put in a tbred b mobile 2000 and had it running at 200x10. well, it was running really gr8 till this morning, when i decided to push it a bit more. I upped the fsb to 204 with the multi at 11 (did 200x11, no problem), restarted it...no post, no screen, no beeps. tried resetting the cmos, no go. I have a programmer, so dumped in a spare chip, burnt the latest stable bios tht i've used, fired her up, still no luck. i took it out now, took out the batt, letting it sit for a few hrs. but im not sure its gonna go well, so just wanted to see wht u guys make of the situation...

does it show a floppy seek on boot? that might make you save it! But as I read your post you have 2 bios-eeprom chips anyway? so it's not a corrupted bios save...

That would make it really weird! did it post with the previous eeprom before?

Actually, it was just another empty flash chip, that i programmed with the lateset bios. But there's another thing that i thought of. The original cip was a firmwareHUB/LPC kind. The spare one which i tried was a flash chip. i dont know if that makes any difference, but i just wanna make sure, if the board is well and truly dead. so i just ordered a FWH/LPC adapter for my programmer. we'll see how it goes.

and i havent had my floppy hooked up, but i'll give it a try. the cd-roms and the hdd's come on, so it might try to read a floppy...
i just hope the board isnt dead. :(

Back